Home About Me Contact Me TpT Pinterest Email Instagram Twitter Image Map

Monday, January 25, 2016

Chickenspinachcheesespicy Heaven









So this little picture below is making the rounds on Facebook…….




To find the recipe, click here..



http://www.budget101.com/dirt-cheap-dinners/683921-chicken-breast-stuffed-pepper-jack-cheese-spinach.html



I thought it looked DEE-licious, but I was concerned there wouldn’t be enough “heat” to it, so I added a little heat - PLUS - I made it spread out to six servings!  Here’s what I did -


I bought three boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half.  Using Common Core math……the result is  I have six THIN boneless, skinless chicken breasts now.  Then I took a hammer……not a Craftsman..a “kitchen” hammer to beat these six breasts one at a time in a baggie until they are begging for mercy.  Pound away - flatten those babies!!!!!!




I used fresh spinach - 5 oz package - and sautéed it in olive oil along with 3 cloves of minced garlic.   Add the pepper-jack cheese, salt, and pepper...




She's not kidding about the toothpicks.  You need a lot to seal these creatures.  If not - and trust me, I now know - you will have cheese goo leaking out onto the aluminum foil.  Now I'm all about num-nums leaking out and becoming a peel-and-eat thing off of aluminium foil- but this doesn't peel well.  Keep that gooey stuff in the breasts with toothpicks!!!!!

NOTE TO READERS - LOOK ABOVE!!!!!!  See how "a lot" is two words!?!?!?!  





To the breadcrumb and Cajun seasoning mixture, I added 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.  The next time I will use 3 teaspoons.  I’m ashamed of how amateurish I was with that one little baby teaspoon.   




The result?  Chickenspinachcheesespicy Heaven!!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment