Home About Me Contact Me TpT Pinterest Email Instagram Twitter Image Map

Sunday, January 21, 2018

Stairway of Heaven







Look at these steps!  Aren’t they just sumpin?!?!  The first time I saw an example on Pinterest, I developed that
PINTEREST OBSESSION!!!!!

Do not EVEN act like you don’t know what I’m talking about.  You see something.  You walk away from it.  You click off of it.  You go back for a 2nd look.  Then a 3rd.  You “save” it somewhere.  You go to the kitchen for a drink thinking about IT the entire time.  You can’t stand it.  You can’t live without it.  You have…

PINTEREST OBSESSION

Fast forward a few months.  We were finally going to replace the white carpet


(Who puts in white carpet - please tell me!?!?!?!?!)


with new wood floors which meant the STAIRS NEEDED TO BE REPLACED!!  Here’s my chance!



I detoxed myself from the PINTEREST pages and moved on to my next addiction…

Etsy
I looked at almost every store that offered these stair decals and began price comparisons and reading of reviews.  I settled with this store on Etsy:


She turned out to be the sweetest, most helpful person.  After 2,467,832 emails, I finally decided on what book spines I wanted for my stairs.  Choosing the titles was HARD
but putting them in a certain order was difficult as well!!!



You will need the following when you embark upon this journey:

  1. The patience of Job
  2. Two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon minimum
  3. A credit card (to apply the decal)
  4. A really good thumbnail NOT recently manicured (to apply the decal)

Your knees will scream.
 Your credit card will lose all its edges.
 Your thumbnail will never recover.  

But you will have some really cool steps of your favorite titles.  
Your very own
Stairway of Heaven
  1. The Bible - 1st step because it’s my BASE
  2. The Shack - oh my - what a book!
  3. Edgar Allan Poe - Duh!  It’s Poe!!!
  4. Catch 22 - My husband’s favorite book.  
  5. Nancy Drew - The reason I fell in love with reading!!
  6. 1984 - LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
  7. Big Stone Gap - Because Adriana Trigiani is a homegirl, I’m from Big Stone Gap, and because that book rocks!!
  8. Oh, The Places You’ll Go - In honor of my students as they travel to high school, college, and career
  9. Jane Eyre - Duh!  It’s Jane Eyre
  10. Tara Road - It’s my go-to book.  I can read Maeve any day!
  11. To Kill a Mockingbird - Duh!!!!!!!!!
  12. Old Yeller - in honor of my dad
  13. The Road - LOVE LOVE LOVE
  14. Love You Forever - for my two boys.  I will love you forever and then some


No comments:

Post a Comment