Home About Me Contact Me TpT Pinterest Email Instagram Twitter Image Map

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Liebster Award!!!!


Well, I just had a big surprise written on my blog!!  I knew my husband read my blogs.  I knew of a few friends who read my blogs.  I knew of a few followers that claimed to follow me.  However, even if I tied all this together, I never actually thought people were really READING my words.  Then I get a message on my blog that I had been nominated for a Liebster Award.  The cynic in me demanded that I google the award to see if I was falling into some kind of trap, and SURPRISE!!!!!!  It was real!!  Thank you, Karen, at http://applejacksteacher.blogspot.com/ for nominating me!!!!!!

The Liebster Award is an award for up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  It feels wonderful to be recognized and it is a great way to meet other bloggers. Thank you for the recognition and I have a few questions below that I answered about myself. 


Why and how long ago did you start blogging?

I started blogging on April 19, 2014.  In fact, I’m going to cut and paste my first blog which actually answers the question - WHY DID I START BLOGGING?

Why a blog?  Hmmmmmm.  Could it be because Im a language arts teacher and ALL (repeat.ALL) language arts teachers fancy themselves as writers?  We are teachers of writing; we all love to read, so naturally……..we all feel we have a book just waiting to burst out of us.  Could it be because it is cool, hip, and trendy to say, I wrote about it on my blog!” or hear someone say, “Did you see that picture of that meatloaf on Angie’s blog????” and secretly get a thrill knowing somebody other than my husband is reading it?  Could it be because I want to be a host of a Linky Party because all the cool people on TpT are doing it? Could it be because I love-love-love-love the movie Julie and Julia (and who doesn’t love Julie Powell as she successfully cooks her way through Julia’s cookbook and BLOGS about it the whole way with the incredible support of her husband!!!) 

Here’s the answer.  I have no idea.  After writing all the above, I feel like they are all the exact reason Im now blogging.  I want to write.  I want the world to love Rees meatloaf recipe as much as I do.  I want to host a Linky Party to help any and all TpT sellers.  And I want to be Julie Powell………..complete with the ups and downs of successful blogging-cooking with truckloads of butter-sewing up the belly of a duck-making bruschetta that makes you drool-feeling a sense of accomplishment, etc!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here I am……with my blog and Facebook page entitled with the appropriate amount of alliteration - Fun, Food, and Figurative Language.





What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?

Love.  I hope that’s not too cheesy for you, but it is the truth.  I absolutely love teaching (when the door is shut and it’s just me and the kids.)  I love to have fun.  And Lord knows, I sure love food!!!!!

 Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wished you knew before?

I wish I knew how to design a blog.  I would love to learn how and offer that service to other teachers.  I know one day I will take on that challenge and begin designing.  Until then, I will stick to designing products for my TpT store. 

What is your favorite past time other than blogging?

Reading.  Reading.  Reading.  Reading. 
Spending time with my sweet husband, my family, and my new grandbaby. 
And did I mention READING??????


How many hours per week do you dedicate to your blog?

I’m having a particularly stressful year at school, so I’m only getting to spend maybe an hour or two a week or biweekly.  I wish I had more time for EVERYTHING!!!!!

 What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?

I particularly enjoy reading blogs from middle school language arts teachers.  It feels good to hear that others are going through the same battles I go through.  I love reading new ideas, new strategies, and new concepts that have been tried.  I also love reading FOOD blogs - Yummy!!!!  Constantly on the prowl for the best recipes!!!!!

Where does your blog inspiration come from?

My inspiration comes from my students.  If I have a moment that is one of those profound “teaching moments,” I want to share, share, share!!!!!  I love being able to brag about my students!!!!!

Which post that you've written are you most proud of?

I love my blogs about my Common Core Challenge, the Bazinga game we play, and all of the recipes I’ve posted (even though the pictures are terrible.)  But my favorite blog has to be from April, 2014 - “My Big ‘As’”



Is there any post you have been planning to do, 
but have postponing it for a while now?

It’s not that I’m postponing it.  It’s just a lack of time.  I’ve got so many posts going through my head, talking to all the voices in there, waiting to be released.  One day soon!!!!!!

What is your favorite aspect of blogging?

I like being able to link up with other bloggers - particularly teachers with great ideas!!!!

Which recipe, project, or idea on my blog would 
you be most likely to try yourself?

I want to try EVERY SINGLE RECIPE on The Pioneer Woman’s blog!!!!!!!

Here are my 5 nominations. Hope all of you enjoyed what I had to say and I look forward to reading your blogs.

My nominations are:

1.  Courtney from Blogs Fit for a Queen

2.  Gina at Perfetto Writing Room

3.  Jen at Teaching Teens in the 21st

4.  Sherri at Literary Sherri

5.  Susan at Middle School OCD




(Hopefully, I have only nominated those who qualify!) 

To those who have been nominated, here are the "official" rules for accepting:

1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and "shout out." (Follow their blog if you haven't already!)  

2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).

3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.

4. Let your nominees know that they've been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.


5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)

Have Fun!
Angie

The Official Rules!!!
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)




No comments:

Post a Comment